Friday, April 13, 2007

Flat Lucas Visits the HCI Lab

I work in a field called Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington. That's quite amouthful, I know. Essentially, I study how people use computers and how we might improve technology to be more useful in the future (here's my webpage is you want to find out more). Flat Lucas visited my research lab today and I thought I'd share a few pictures.

This is typically where I sit in the HCI lab.

We have 30-inch wide screen monitors.

This is Flat Lucas vacationing in the Bahamas. Oh, wait, just kidding. This is my friend Kate's background on her computer.

This is our patio on the 6th floor of our building which overlooks the east side of campus along with Husky Stadium, Lake Washington, the Cascade Mountain Range and Mount Rainier. Flat Lucas is eating lunch with my friends Charlie and Kate.

Can you see the lake (that's Lake Washington) and football stadium (that's where the Huskies play).

No comments: