Monday, April 2, 2007

Flat Lucas Attends the Mariners Home Opener

My friend Jeff sent me an email in the early afternoon asking me if I'd like to sit in the 2nd row on the 1st baseline to the Seattle Mariners' home opener. I did not hesitate to say "yes!" Flat Lucas really enjoyed sitting so close to the action. The Mariners won 4-0 against the Oakland A's.

Flat Lucas and I outside Safeco Field, where the Mariners play.

The view from our seats (2nd row along the 1st baseline).

Flat Lucas enjoying the game in his very own seat.

Flat Lucas was so excited when Sexson hit a homerun in the 6th inning, he spilled a bit of Flat Soda on his shirt. Can you spot the stain?

The Mariner Moose became the official mascot of the Mariners in 1990. In this picture, he's rollerskating along the perimeter of the baseball field.

Woooops! The Mariner Moose takes a fall right in front of our seats!

Here's a picture of me, Flat Lucas, Jeff, Scott and Dimitri at the end of the game. Seattle beat Oakland 4-0. Our pitcher, Hernandez, pitched 8 scoreless innings and struck out 12 batters.

No comments: